Decouple structures from the beginning and thus enable configurability and systems engineering. For this we model the product architecture. As a map of the product, it helps to create a common, harmonized image of the product that is valid for every variant of the product. The product architecture is the reference for all subsequent development steps. It helps to identify potential for functional decoupling and variant-specific design:
- To recognize, understand and define interfaces
- Decouple product functions from the rest of the product, assign them to individual assemblies and lay the foundation Systems Engineering
- Analyze the variant driver and design a variant-oriented product structure
- Increase the standard share – Reduce the exclusive share
Structures that support
The product architecture is influenced by various technical and functional aspects. To ensure that all these aspects are taken into account, we look at different perspectives of the product architecture in the workshop:
- The functional architecture links functions with systems and components.
- The interface architecture shows technical couplings.
- The influence of variant drivers is analyzed and optimized with the variant-oriented architecture.
With interactive visualizations for a clear view
Products are becoming more and more complex due to an increasing number of subsystems and their relationships to each other. Existing system engineering solutions model these interrelationships, but do not adequately reflect the product variance. We close this gap by modeling the product family in Odego Cquenz. There you can change the perspectives of the product architecture at a simple click and recognize and analyze variant elements.